midas MeshFree - Innovative CAE Solution
midas MeshFree is a cutting-edge design and analysis technology developed through the collaboration with SAMSUNG Electronics. It performs simulation of the original model you have designed without any modification. Conventional FEM required tedious and time consuming model idealization and cleanup process. However, MeshFree has the latest, efficient and effective numerical analysis algorithm that can simulate using the original 3D CAD model itself.
midas MeshFree performs analysis based on Implicit Boundary Method. General meshless method calculates deformation at the position of nodes only. Accuracy of the analysis result depends on the density of nodes. Also additional calculation of stress is required after creating internal elements. Therefore it requires large amount of memory and calculation time.
However midas MeshFree solves a problem with the identical method as FEA using 20 nodes-Hexa element structural grid. In addition it calculates results in boundary surfaces with the special integralformula. Therefore it is possible to analyze a problem faster with low usage of memory comparing to the general meshless method.
It is possible to start the simulation immediately after installation. 3-step intuitive workflow makes it easy for anyone to use. It will minimize the learning time and enable you to verify the working design model in a short time. Now, design engineers can quickly verify the performance of a model at the design stage. It provides a revolutionary process over existing methods that required knowledge, manpower, and cost.
- Analysis using simple background grid
- Analysis regardless of the complexity of the geometry
- Elimination of inefficiencies
- Technology developed specifically for design phase analysis
- Complex models can be simulated easily.
- Models with complex geometry or models which were impossible to analyzed using conventional FEA can be analyzed.
Simple and Intuitive 3-STEP Process
STEP 1 Import 3D CAD Geometry - supports all commercial CAD programs (Solidworks, Inventor, Catia, NX, Solid Edge, Creo etc.), automatic input of material information defined in CAD, automatic contact defnition between parts of assembly model
STEP 2 Input Load & Boundary Conditions - guide to constraint & load conditions according to analysis type, constraint and load conditions applied to CAD model, various static, dynamic and thermal loads
STEP 3 Analysis & Results Checking - direct analysis using CAD model, reduction of total analysis time compared to the conventional FEM, various post processing tools for results evaluation
Short midas MeshFree DEMO is available here
Mesh Free Solutions
- Linear Static Analysis
- Modal Analysis
- Heat Transfer/Thermal Stress Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis
- Linear Dynamic Analysis
- Phase Optimization Analysis
The Expected Effects of using midas MeshFree
- 60% Reduced Analysis Time & 100% Increased Success Rate - with midas MeshFree, you can analyze all your CAD files faster than general FEM process. Therefore it is possible to obtain the optimal design results by analyzing several alternative design drafts without any additional time consuming process.
- Design with Simulation - you can verify your design drafts by yourself with simple 3 step process. Therefore, there is no wasting time to wait foranalysis results anymore. You can try various shapes of design drafts as many as you want.
- Improvement of Work & Cost Efficiency - as engineers can do simulations in planning and design phase with midas MeshFree, you can save the cost and time for experiments, manufacture of mock-up or analysis consulting.
midas Mesh Free Catalog
We are happy to announce our midas MeshFree article published (in Swedish) on LinkedIn. midas MeshFree is a new, innovative FEA software which uses implicit boundary method (IBM) for modelling and simulations of engineering structures. Conventional FEM required tedious and time consuming model idealization and cleanup process. However, MeshFree has the latest, efficient and effective numerical analysis algorithm that can simulate using the original 3D CAD model itself.